It’s hard to believe our beautiful Moriah has been with us for four months already! I am just amazed and delighted by all she can do, and I know a lot of you have been praying for her, so I wanted to post an update.
Her abilities and accomplishments are not something I take for granted, as I’m sure I did with my other children. She is doing amazingly well right now, and we rejoice over every one of the following milestones.
At four months old, Moriah . . .
- inspires countless ballads of adoration by her older siblings, with cuteness and sweetness being the predominant themes.
- rolls tummy-to-back and back-to-tummy, which simply astonishes me—quite an accomplishment for a baby with Down syndrome (and therefore low muscle tone) or any baby, for that matter. None of my others could roll both ways at her age.
- smiles and coos easily.
- is making great strides with head control, especially when playing on her tummy.
- nurses like a champ and has the pudge-rolls to prove it.
- has the cutest, fluffiest hair, especially right after bath time.
- unwittingly incites sibling riots, as both big sisters want to hold her ALL THE TIME.
- says “hi” occasionally. Yes, both her physical therapist and early intervention specialist have heard her. Now, you may dispute whether it is intentional or merely a “coo” which happens to sound like an English word, but I’m the mommy and I know what I hear when I hear it.
- is a master hair grabber/puller. Hurrah for those fine motor skills, not to mention a flexi-clip to keep my hair out of reach.
- continues to look adorable doing the “baby wake-up stretch” in the mornings.
- had extensive hearing tests this week, and passed them all with flying colors! Thanks be to God, she has no hearing loss whatsoever!!!!!
- has enjoyed good health with not even a sniffle.
- has the most captivating, biggest, bluest eyes I have ever seen.