Several weeks ago Hannah was busy at the computer typing the following list, completely unprompted. Actually she made two lists, but I’m combining them here. This blessed me so much and made me laugh at the same time.
I’m not sure which children she thought she’d be addressing (maybe yours?) but her excellent lists have been hanging in our school room ever since they were hot off the press.
Do You Love Your Parents?
My dear little children, I would like to give you a little chart of things your parents would like you to do without them asking you.
- Get up when it’s time
- Brush your teeth so much that they shine and sparkle
- Brush or comb your hair well
- Get ready for the day in a timely manner
- Do your school work
- Go to the kitchen when it’s time to eat a meal
- Don’t dilly-dally at breakfast
- Clean up the house on chore day
- Don’t set your alarm clock to 6:00 when you just press the snooze button and go back to sleep
- Don’t fool around on the computer without asking
- Don’t lie
- Obey all rules
- Don’t steal
- Don’t covet
- Don’t fight with your brothers or sisters
- Don’t argue with your mom or dad
- Ask them [your parents] if there’s anything you can do for them
Mothers, is this every parent’s dream?? The implementation, I mean. Unfortunately, that part isn’t quite as easy as the typing part or the reading the list part, but we’re working on it.